EXR® Series Line Interactive Uninterruptible Power Supply
Line interactive sine wave rack/wall/tower UPSs with LCD Display for network data centers, remote IDF/MDF network closets, security systems, and education networks
The Minuteman EXR Series UPS offers a true sine wave output, robust features, and versatile configuration options for a full range of critical networking applications.
- Network Servers
- Remote IDF Closet
- Remote MDF Closet
- Telecom/VoIP Systems
- Medium-sized Security Systems
Backup Versatility Redefined: Line Interactive Technology with True-sinewave output
The EXR Series offers users a robust and advanced line interactive UPS. New features include a higher power factor for improved UPS efficiency, auto-recognition of external battery packs for a smarter extended run-time solution, tool-less battery connection and replacement, and so much more!
The EXR Series offers complete protection from all electrical problems, including spikes, surges, sags, brownouts, and blackouts, in a versatile rack/tower convertible format. True sine wave electrical output ensures the best power for sensitive electronic equipment.
EXR® Key Features
Key Features Include:
- 0.9 power factor – increased capacity without migrating to larger models
- NEW Alphanumeric LCD Dot Matrix display – easy access to key UPS statuses
- UPS configuration options via front panel – make key adjustments utilizing the front panel LCD
- Load shedding – two power banks allow equipment prioritizing for increased runtime
- Independent Battery Bypass™ – provides voltage regulation with surge and spike protection even when batteries are weak or dead.
- Auto-recognition of external battery packs – automatically recalculate runtimes
- Unlimited runtime capability with external battery packs – extended runtime solution to meet any backup power demand
- Flexible installation – rack or tower configurable; wall mount kits available
- Simultaneous USB, RS232, and SNMP communications
- Minuteman® SentryHD™ – UPS monitoring and control software included
- Industry-leading product warranty – featuring a 3-year non-prorated warranty (including batteries)
- Dedicated remote Emergency Power Off (EPO) port
- 120V & 208V – 208V models available (1500 & 3000VA models)
- cULus certification – NOM certification (Mexico)
- RoHS 2 compliant
- Energy Star 2.0 certification
Front LCD Panel
The NEW Alphanumeric LCD Dot-Matrix EXR Series Display
Provides more detailed information about the UPS status than the previous LCD display, including:
- Input and Output Voltage
- Estimated runtime
- UPS Operating Mode
- UPS Self-test results
- Battery Condition
- Display model and serial number
- View load bank status and capacities
- Display battery module part number
- Replace Error Codes with descriptions
The LCD panel is designed so that it can be oriented vertically or horizontally depending on the installation orientation of the UPS.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals, including lead and lead compounds, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to: www.P65warnings.ca.gov/
Get ultimate control over your power with SentryHD
In today’s complex world of data, networks, and software, control and management of applications are vital, especially when it comes to the power that is supplied to these devices.
SentryHD, included free with all current Minuteman UPS systems, is the latest update to Minuteman’s popular Sentry monitoring and management software. This powerful tool provides users and network managers a range of monitoring & management tools for their power, allowing total control before, during, and after power problems.
With a simple connection to the UPS via USB or RS-232, SentryHD provides the capability to configure UPSs, monitor power, and diagnose issues, all from secure connections on the network. This eliminates wasteful runs around the facility, saving time and money.
Extended Runtime Capability
All models in the EXR Series come standard with internal batteries. To protect critical devices through extended blackouts, the EXR Series utilizes external battery packs that can be daisy-chained in unlimited quantities to provide a virtually unlimited amount of runtime.
Fast Battery Recharge
With independent, internal chargers in each battery pack offered for the EXR Series, the maximum recharge time for depleted batteries is 8 hours, no matter how many battery packs are installed on a UPS. Without these chargers, if more than one battery pack is used battery charging could take more than an entire day.
Battery Pack Models
Because each UPS has different battery requirements to support its maximum load capacity, the EXR Series uses battery packs sized to match each UPS model:
External battery packs
- BP36CRTXL external battery pack for EXR750RT2U, EXR1000RT2U, EXR1500RT2U, and EXR1500RTHV
- BP72CRTXL external battery pack for EXR2000RT2U, EXR3000RT2U, and EXR3000RTHV
- BP36V48RTEXL high-capacity external battery pack for EXR750RT2U, EXR1000RT2U, EXR1500RT2U, and EXR1500RTHV
- BP72V24RTEXL high-capacity external battery pack for EXR2000RT2U, EXR3000RT2U, and EXR3000RTHV
Optional mounting brackets
- E BRKT WALL wall bracket for single unit
- E BRKT WALL x2 wall bracket for one UPS and one Battery Pack (XL model only)
- E BRKT 23 brackets for 23-inch rack
- E BRKT RAIL rail kit
Power management via SNMP Communications
Optional SNMP-NV6 network card allows easy management of UPS without the need for a connected PC or server
Optional Programmable Relay Card:
- Monitors UPS events
- 6 programmable relay output contacts
- Configurable normal open or normal close for each relay contact
- Configurable UPS shutdown delay time
- Configurable input signal as shutdown UPS or battery test
- Has the ability to protect up to 6 computers unattended shutdown gracefully
Extended Warranty Plan
5 Full Years of Trouble-free Service – Guaranteed
Minuteman UPSs already ship with the best warranty in the business at 3 years, including non-prorated battery coverage on most products.
Two levels of Extended Warranty Plans are also available on most UPS product lines to provide an additional 2 years of coverage. These plans ensure a full 5 years of trouble-free ownership.
For complete product information, brochures and manuals visit our Media Resources Center.
Product Specification Links (208v Models)
|Maximum Power Capacity (VA / Watts)||750/675||1000/900||1500/1350||2000/1800||3000/2700|
|Topology||Line-interactive, True sine wave|
|Assembly / Installation||Rack / Tower or Wall (with optional installation kit)|
|Number of phases||Single phase (1Ø 2W + G)|
|Frequency range||50/60 Hz, ± 6 Hz auto-sensing|
|Input voltage range||80 to 164VAC (150 – 271VAC)|
|Input surge protection||Resettable circuit breaker|
|Surge Protection and Filtering|
|Surge Joule Rating||1,000 Joules (800 Joules)|
|Surge Protection Port(s)||1Gbit RJ45 Ethernet (in/out)|
|Output Receptacles (120V)||(8) NEMA 5-15R||(8) NEMA 5-15R||(8) NEMA 5-20R (1) NEMA L5-20R||(6) NEMA 5-20R (1) NEMA L5-30R|
|Output Receptacles (208 V)||(6) NEMA 6-15R||(6) NEMA 6-15/20R (1) NEMA L6-30R|
|Input plug type (cable length)||NEMA 5-15P (10-ft.)||NEMA 5-15P (10-ft.) (NEMA 6-15P)||NEMA 5-20P (10-feet)||NEMA L5-30P (10 ft.) (NEMA L6-30P)|
|Output Voltage Range (AC Mode)||120VAC: 101 - 136VAC (208VAC: 186 - 236VAC)|
|Output Voltage Range (Battery Mode)||Nominal ± 5% - until low battery warning|
|Output Waveform (Battery Mode)||True sine wave|
|Independent Battery Bypass||Yes|
|Replacement Battery Module||BM0086||BM0086||BM0087||BM0088||BM0089|
|Runtime (Full/Half Load) minutes||7 / 19 minutes||4 / 13 minutes||2.5 / 9 minutes||4.5 / 13 minutes||2.5 / 10 minutes|
|Operating Temp. Range (max)||0 to 40°C (+32 to +104°F)|
|Operating Humidity Range||0 - 95% Non-Condensing|
|Operating Elevation||0 to 3000m (0 to +10,000 ft)|
|Unit Dimensions (L x W x H)||17.32” x 18.96” x 3.48” (440 x 481.6 x 88.5 mm)||23.62” x 18.96” x 3.48” (600 x 481.6 x 88.5 mm)|
|Shipping Dimensions (L x W x H)||23.67" x 21.89" x 9.76" (601 x 556 x 248 mm)||31.5" x 23.46" x 9.37" (800 x 596 x 238 mm)|
|Unit Weight||41.7 lbs. (18.9Kgs)||41.7 lbs. (18.9Kgs)||43.0 lbs. (19.5 Kgs)||71.9 lbs. (32.6 Kgs)||77.6 lbs. (35.2 Kgs)|
|Shipping Weight||51.4 lbs. (23.3Kgs)||51.4 lbs. (23.3Kgs)||52.7 lbs. (23.9 Kgs)||91.1 lbs. (41.3 Kgs)||96.8 lbs. (43.9 Kgs)|
|Regulatory Compliance (UPS and Battery Packs)|
|Safety and Approvals||cULus (UL1778 5th Edition & CSA 22.2 no. 107.3-14 / R: 2014), FCC Class B, CE & NOM certified,EnergyStar 2.0, RoHS2 (EU Directive 2011/65/EU & 2015/863/EU)|
|Standard Warranty||3 years / electronics and batteries (non-prorated)|
APC provided virtually no customer service. I had a problem at installation of MN 525 which was immediately addressed by Minuteman.
“I not only will recommend Minuteman because of your service but I will never buy any other UPS. And I will convert all my customers to Minuteman. Thank you for being so service oriented.”
Your technical assistance is among the best I have ever experienced. Jeff, the technician who assisted me with an installation issue was knowledgeable, fast, efficient, and friendly.